1. A great piece on Scot McKnight’s blog by David Opderbeck. The savagery of child pornography and the Christian ideas of hope and justice.
2. J.R. Daniel Kirk asks the provocative question concerning Jesus’ death: Did he die for the same things he lived for?
3. Theologian/philosopher James K.A. Smith, author of the great book Desiring the Kingdom, interviews sociologist and author James Davison Hunter, author of To Change the World: The Irony, Tragedy, and Possibility of Christianity in the Late Modern World. The interview is found here in The Other Journal.
5. Our current town made the news again. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.
6. The world’s fears concerning rising food costs put at ease by the UN.
7. Need some pictures taken? Here are some of my local friends:
8. Here is an old video featuring some of the faculty of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary discussing the theology of N.T. Wright. In particular, they are talking about his ideas of justification. By the way, they don’t like it.